Monday, August 24, 2015

The Garden

Currently 3 green peppers, 10 tomatoes and 10 cucumbers in progress. Time to ask Kathy Berry for her pickle recipe. I tried them last Sunday and really liked them.

Thoughts for next year: Probably could do with only 2 cucumber vines, but we'll see how well the pickles turn out. I might be changing my tune. They definitely need a long vine growing space. Or their own box with mesh walls.

I'd like to try a different kind of tomato. These are a bit tough for my liking. I'm thinking I might want to just go Roma or even Grape since those are my favorites and would grow faster since they are smaller.

I'd like to add zucchini and summer squash. They grow really well around here and we love them on the grill.  Also Onion, potatoes and try again with carrots. Might be a good idea to try some leafy greens since I'm still stuck buying them. Stawberries for something early and how about a raspberry bush for the back back? Why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment