Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A sneaky trick

I haven't been a condensed frozen juice person since college, but that's the way it comes if I want it for free through our assistance program, so I was willing to get back into it.

Only we don't have a pitcher with a lid to mix it and store it in.

Once again, I thought, "Well, I'm sure they have them at the dollar store. I can use my spare change..." But I stopped myself because we're still trying not to spend money on THINGS.

So I got really inventive and figured out if you let it sit on the counter for a while and melt, you can pour it in a large measuring cup with a spout.

And then you can pour that into an empty apple juice bottle with a lid.

And then you can read the can and use the measuring cup to measure the exact amount of water to add (or do the "about 3 cans method" if you prefer) and then pour that in.

And then screw the lid on tight and shake it up.

No purchase necessary. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment