Sunday, March 15, 2015

Use what you have

My sister in law is a talented quilter. It's something she enjoys, and has ended up being a successful business. She has a tradition of making crib size blankets for babies born to our family.

She also makes gorgeous quilts for family members who get married. She and I got together the last time I was in town visiting and picked out the pattern and some fabric selections. Her diligent efforts over the last year were interrupted many times by other works in progress and professional obligations. It was never a problem for us- we knew we'd get it eventually and it would be stunning.

The time came for the quilt to be completed and shipped to us in our new home- just before I am due to have a baby. I have seen many baby quilts displayed on her professional blog in recent months and thought to myself, you know if those aren't already spoken for, I'd be perfectly happy with one of them so she doesn't have to start another new project.

She read my mind and emailed me to ask if I would mind choosing from her completed works stash, including pictures of the options to choose from. I was so proud of her for being wise and using what she already had available!

I just can't get over how well it all goes together. Her pack and play (crib)
has the same design as the car seat canopy pictured here. Iphone pics add a lot
of blue. In real life, all of the colors are much softer and share the same rich tones. 
Is it even the slightest bit surprising that among her selections there was a beautiful, classic, but not boring looking quilt in the exact colors I have been gravitating towards as I select things for the baby? Nope.

And now that we have it in the house, it is so perfectly suited that it just makes me smile. Being resourceful is such a blessing! We don't even have to expend any effort on this particular "make it do" because it just DOES all on its own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment