Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sick Days

Taking a sick day when your work is your home is very frustrating. You have to sit/lay and look at everything you wish you could be doing all day long.

This morning I was half asleep on the couch, having been up in the wee hours unable to sleep, as my husband prepared to leave for work. I couldn't even get out words to help him pack a lunch. It's the one thing he hates most in the world and we have a deal that if I do it, he'll eat anything I make for him. It was killing me. Especially since this is yet another in a string of quite a few days that I haven't been able to keep up my end of the deal.

So what's the flip side? I guess being grateful for all the days you can do the things that need to be done, for health and ability and everything we otherwise take for granted.

I had a good afternoon yesterday and was able to get the pantry cupboards cleaned and organized and put away a lot of junk that was sitting around in the back hall. Even put all the cloth diapers on the shelf where they are going to live. A little bit of breakthrough nesting in an otherwise ongoing sick/uncomfortable haze.

The pregnancy induced impaired immune system battle to recover to any semblance of my former self has been going on for almost three weeks at this point so no wonder I'm getting frustrated! I think the best thing is to pick one or two things that you think you can do that you want to do, rest on either side and do them and then tell yourself it's enough for today.

And then it'll just have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment